by Ed Lascelles and Jessica Bartos
AlbionVC team, Ed Lascelles and Jessica Bartos talk to Rudi Falat from the Voice of FinTech, podcast connecting fintech enthusiasts with start-ups, incubators, accelerators, investors and incumbents. Listen to the episode here.
You will find out more about:
- What brought Jessica and Ed to VC investing?
- What is AlbionVC? Who founded AlbionVC? When?
- What’s AlbionVC's investment focus/philosophy? Geographic focus?
- How much money they have raised since inception and for how many start-ups?
- What kind of start-ups do they invest in? Series A, post-product-market fit, writing checks of GBP 0.25 to 10 million
- What kind of FinTechs has AlbionVC invested in? E.g Quantexa or Imandra
- How do you find them? How do scouting and due diligence work? What are your selection criteria?
- What’s your investment approach? E.g. min size of the stake, board seat, time to exit, economics?
- Investment success stories of the start-ups - Booking.com or active.com
- Assessment of the start-up scene in the UK and Europe vs. the rest of the world
- Wrap up: where and how can inspiring entrepreneurs learn more about AlbionVC