AlbionVC was among the 120 funds and 1000 start-ups who participated in the Station F's study analysing the impact and opportunities of the Covid-19 pandemic. The report highlights implications on business, product development, people, funding and considers the future of work.
- 91% of start-ups globally felt their business was impacted either positively or negatively by the Covid-19 crisis (in the UK the number is 95%)
- 97% Series B companies were most impacted, whereas few pre-seed start-ups felt an impact on the business as a result of the crisis
- 25% of start-ups globally had to furlough staff; almost half have hired new employees since the beginning of March with development, sales and marketing being key strategic roles for the rest of the year
- 47% of entrepreneurs see less VC interest and availability, while 18% have experienced a term sheet pulling as a direct result of the crisis
- 34% of entrepreneurs do not feel comfortable attending large scale conferences before 2021
Government support is also discussed in the report, with results varying geographically and with maturity of the business.
Read the full study here.